Originally, I was not going to make a blog post just for my day of traveling. However, there were a couple things I thought were worth sharing. For starters, I was trying to board the first plane, but the lady at the gate was telling […]
- Make sure you check that you have your passport at least six-months in advance before traveling out of the country.
- Toiletries- toothbrush, razor, facewash, brush, makeup, etc.
- Medications- pack all meds and vitamins on carryon bag!!
- Clothes- look up weather for that time of year AND what the weather is in Australia while packing
- Extras- small umbrella, pillow case, sunglasses, hats, backpack, camera, etc.
- Make currency exchange several weeks prior to departure as it must be ordered
- Personal opinion- take more cash than you think you will need
- Once arrived in Australia, split the cash you have into several places
- Example: wallet/purse, backpack, suitcase, and safe in room if available
If you invest early in a second home, your vacations in the future will be so much cheaper. That I promise! What I love about this posts is as long as you have a steady income, you have the possibility to own a second home. Work on paying off your first mortgage. Once you have enough equity on your house or condo, refinance. You then will have enough cash to make a down payment on a second home, which you then will rent out. Try to put down enough cash so that all your rentals should cover your yearly expenses for that second home. It might take a lot of extra hours or hard work to get to the point of owning that second home, but trust me, it’s worth it.
Notice throughout the first part of this post I use the word home. Not house, but home. Your second property does not have to be a house. Condos are sufficient and are sometimes preferable. You can choose between beach houses, mountain houses, lake houses, condos near a beach or in a touristy city. Any place that you can call yours, meaning you pay the bills, is your home.
When having a second home, you are not only saving money in the long run, but you should be proud that where you are staying is considered yours. This in the end is building up your assets, thus, providing you with more in the end. If you are planning on having children, they will enjoy this second home like no other. They will probably enjoy it more than the house or condo they would live in. This is their vacation and because you own it, you should be able to afford to take them more than if you had to rent a place out.